Architect - Robert Morham
Date of Design - 1897-1901
Plaque / Cartouche commemorating opening of Edinburgh Central Fire Brigade station (and two supporting architectural details).
On central convex body of plaque, raised letters in bronze (integral with cast): CENTRAL FIRE BRIGADE STATION OPENED BY THE RIGHT HONOURABLE SIR MITCHELL THOMSON BARt LORD PROVOST 7th JUNE 1900
The central plaque is made of Bronze with dark pigmentation. The 2 architectural details left and right are on Pink Granite and are also made of Bronze.
Junction of Lauriston Place and Lady Lawson Street.
They are in good condition.
There are also two commemorative plaques on the front of the building, one entitled 'AYE READY' in memory of James Braidwood and the other 'AYE MINDIT' in recognition of all firefighters who have given the ultimate sacrafice.