Entrance Archway to George Heriot's School
Architect - William Playfair
Date of Design - Gatehouse 1829, the main building 1628 - 1700.
Lauriston Place, North Side, opposite Quartermile Development.
The Gatehouse is built from Craigmillar Sandstone. There are Gargoyles of many sizes and in the lower windows can be seen Angels heads. The Gates are made of cast iron and are painted black.
There is general weathering and moss on main group and dirt throughout.
For more information on the history of the School go to the George Heriot's School website.