Tollcross News‎ > ‎

Cigarette end blow for cafe

posted 26 Oct 2011, 18:23 by David Rintoul   [ updated 26 Oct 2011, 18:25 ]

A lit cigarette blown in from the street could have been to blame for a cafe catching fire.

Customers had to be evacuated after the blaze broke out at Espresso Mondo in Lothian Road.

Firefighters were called after receiving a report of a wall catching fire, and used two breathing apparatus to extinguish the flames.

It is believed the cigarette end may have blown in and set fire to one of the timber panels.

Source: Evening News