Central Tollcross Community Safety Week 22nd - 26th March
This intensive period of partnership activity is aimed at the Central Tollcross area specifically between Home Street, Lauriston Place and the Meadows.
The intention is to deal with the area’s needs, community concerns and identify trends through statistical analysis.
- Make the area cleaner, greener and safer.
- Raise awareness of the services provided by the City of Edinburgh Council – Services for Communities, Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service and Lothian & Borders Police.
- Police/Crime Prevention/Fire Service
- Community Groups and Community Engagement
- Community Safety
Below are the main highlights of the week’s activities.
- High visibility patrols by all partners
- Trade waste inspections and advice
- Licensed Premises Initiatives
- Fly Posting and graffiti removal
- Portable and mobile CCTV deployment
- Tackle Antisocial and Criminal behaviour
- Dog fouling/Littering initiatives
- Community education with local groups
- Inform the local community about services provided
- Domestic Crime Prevention Surveys
- Concentrated street cleansing
- Road Checks
- Fire Safety Checks.
Tollcross Community Initiative Week